Hello Students!
I hope everyone is still out there. We've been two weeks without an assignment due--until last night--and I feel like I've lost touch with everyone!
Several of you have contacted me, concerned about the difficulty you are having finding a board meeting to attend. If you have class on Monday night, it is particularly problematic because many districts hold their board meetings on Monday night.
I called around today, and Iowa Park will have a regularly scheduled board meeting at 7:00 pm on March 10, a Thursday evening. My contact said it would be a good one to attend--they will be approving teacher contracts and perhaps calling a bond election. There will undoubtedly be lots of discussion about state and local budgets.
As a professional courtesy, you should call Jerry Baird, superintendent, if you decide to attend, to let him (or his secretary) know you will be there, and why. They are expecting a larger-than-usual crowd and will want to make arrangements for a larger room if it appears it will be necessary. Additionally, it is disconcerting for a superintendent to see an unfamiliar face in the crowd---raises questions of why that person is present, and what the agenda might be!
Hope this helps--if not, let me know and we'll brainstorm something.
Dr. Owen
No comments:
Post a Comment