The link to my speech for Module 8 is in the title above. For some reason I could not paste it in the main body part of a post. Sorry for any confusion.
I love how you decided that there will be no jobs cut. I think that was a great decision to tell everyone how important they are to the team. If I were on your team, I would feel confident that you would lead our school in such a manner that keeps everyones best interest at heart. Telling your team that you want to hear their input was a good decision as well.
Great job! You have a commanding presence, and I think you will do well with your faculty. Although we are supposed to empower the faculty, I would be a little concerned about turning over budgetary issues to the faculty. I know from being on a budget committee that people are fine when talking about money for this or that, but when it comes to how it will affect them personally, it's a whole new ballgame. I don't know - I don't know that I'm ready to turn something like that over - if you can pull it off, hats off to you! I think it's awesome - and would probably make you a pretty popular guy on campus!
I love how you decided that there will be no jobs cut. I think that was a great decision to tell everyone how important they are to the team. If I were on your team, I would feel confident that you would lead our school in such a manner that keeps everyones best interest at heart. Telling your team that you want to hear their input was a good decision as well.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGreat job! You have a commanding presence, and I think you will do well with your faculty. Although we are supposed to empower the faculty, I would be a little concerned about turning over budgetary issues to the faculty. I know from being on a budget committee that people are fine when talking about money for this or that, but when it comes to how it will affect them personally, it's a whole new ballgame. I don't know - I don't know that I'm ready to turn something like that over - if you can pull it off, hats off to you! I think it's awesome - and would probably make you a pretty popular guy on campus!
ReplyDeleteMy rating: 16
ReplyDelete