I wanted to touch base and see if everyone is ok using Screencast-O-Matic. You might want to try it out if you haven't already so we can work through any difficulties you might be having--before the last minute. I'll be available at MSU for hands-on assistance for the rest of the week. Please call or email first to be sure I'm free.
Okay, here is the URL to my (Mika Meador) video: http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cXVuYmlpi
ReplyDeleteI am very disappointed that I had to cut my favorite line, "Save the earth, it's the only planet with puppies." Haha, but I hope it matches the template and goals for the assignment.
Below is the link to my screen cast. I must admit that it is not easy to write and give even a short speech when you have the flu, but I did the best I could!
ReplyDeletehttp://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cXVvrTlEO
Kyle,
ReplyDeleteVery good presentation, you are confident and deliberate. I like your thoughts on globalization. You are correct on how global events can impact students and their families due to the increased diversity we see today. Here in Wichita Falls, for example, we have Sheppard AFB which brings people from all over the world together to train. Egypt's air force personnel sometimes train here. Though it is unlikely that an Egyptian airman would bring his family to Wichita Falls, it is possible. By looking outward on what else is going on in the world, you would be better prepared to help a student/family in such a situation.
Mika,
I like your plan to educate students about recycling and environmental protection. Web-quests are a great idea, especially today with Google Earth, you can actually zoom in on trash dumps and show the children strip mines. I had an idea about the trash free lunch. I think including all students in the picnic would be a good idea. It is hard to create a trash free lunch today, so showing students how to make one would be a good idea.