http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cXVvYvlEQ
My presentation addressed discussion question #5: Within the context of increasing demographic diversity, how would you as a school leader propose to engage all stake holders in a process of agreement on school mission and goals to build a community of shared values.
First, my focus would be on the students and young people in the community. This is a place of common ground all community members. I think that once people meet face to face for a common cause they tend to forget about their differences and focus on the task at hand. Giving presentations around the community will allow my committee to better understand community dynamics, so that we can identify ways to become more effective in reaching the community.
Willis - hope you are feeling better! I like the fact that you recognize others' visions and sense of purpose. I also appreciate the fact that you would be willing to learn about the people of the community - not expecting them to come to you and figure you out, which would probably only happen if there was a problem with one of their children at your school or you made the local news for something! I also like how you recognize that everyone in the community plays a role in the success of the local schools. And, way to go on introducing your programs to local community memberss! That's a fantastic idea, and I'm going to steal it! Good job.
ReplyDelete